Structural Design Engineer
The Structural Design Engineer is responsible for drafting and designing a variety of engineering projects including residential and commercial structures. In addition to drafting active projects, the Structural Design Engineer will also help create master engineering, set drafting standards, and develop templates and tools to improve the team’s drafting efficiency and plan for growth.
- Perform wind load analysis on new structures or additions.
- Design and draft structural engineering documents required for new construction, repairs, and additions/remodels.
- Manage design team to ensure mastered structural plan sets and site-specific plan sets are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform site visits to gather all required information to complete a new project.
- Meet and network with new clientele and other industry professionals at various events.
- Develop and administer technical training for new employees.
- Research and develop new tools to improve technical efficiency and understanding for the team.
Company Core Values
- Our quality work and service are our reputation. You will demonstrate accuracy, consistency, competency, and responsiveness in every project. Each employee puts their name on every project they work on and should take pride in the work they represent.
- Both for our own professional development and for the services we provide for our clients, becoming an ever-better version of ourselves is important to the very core of Russell Rowland. You have a passion for your craft and are willing to learn, adapt, improve, and innovate constantly.
Rolling up our Sleeves
- No matter your level in the organization, you’re a “go-getter” willing to dive in and help get work done for the team. Successful relationships with your team members should include honesty, trust, collaboration, effectiveness, and sense of community.
- We believe in building relationships with our clients. You are willing to be open, trustworthy, solution-oriented, reliable, and ethical in all interactions. Russell Rowland is a client-centric organization that prides itself on accountability, integrity, and concern for public welfare.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil and/or Structural Engineering
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD (Revit experience is a plus)
- 2-4 years experience in residential construction (commercial experience is a plus)
- Ability to translate as-built conditions to CAD details
- Understanding of basic calculations, using spreadsheets, and design tools to size structural members
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently
Job Type: Full-time
Ready to apply?
Email your cover letter and resume.