How to Submit Permits During COVID-19
As our nation battles COVID-19, the majority of local governments have been required to make shifts in their standard procedures to protect the public health while also continuing essential operations. With construction being declared an essential business, permits are also an essential part of that process. Continuing to accept and issue permits is a necessary procedure and one of the many topics that our local governments have had to address and make changes to. We have laid out all of the new permit guidelines that have successfully been implemented in our areas to ensure that construction is not halted and everything continues to move forward.
Here are the current permit submission guidelines to follow by location as of June 1, 2020:
- All permit applications must be submitted with one of the 5 options:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxed to 904-321-5763
- Uploaded to Minus Self Service at www.nassaucountyfl.com
- Drop-off permit application & plans at Nassau County office utilizing outside drop-box at front entry doors, M-F 8am-5pm (48-hour quarantine prior to processing)
- Mail-in permit application & plans to our office at the above address
- Permit applications with large plans must be submitted using one of the following options:
- Drop-off permit application & plans at our office utilizing outside drop-box at front entry doors, M-F 8am-5pm (excluding government holidays).
- Email permit application with separate PDF attachments, ( no jpg pictures ), to our department at email@example.com, email size limited to less than 50mb per email. For larger files, you can use a cloud storage space like OneDrive or Dropbox.
- Mail-in permit application and plans to our office at 96161 Nassau Place Yulee, Florida 32097 (48-hour quarantine prior to processing)
- A 48-hour quarantine will be required for all plans and documents picked up from the office, utilizing outside drop-box at our front entry.
- Emailed plans and documents must be signed and sealed by Florida Statute
- Scanned originals of manually or digitally signed and sealed plans will be accepted through July 14, 2020.
- You can pay by Credit Card or Contractor Escrow account (you must call 904-530-6250 to verify the amount and get the permit number, to use as a reference.)
For more information about the permit process in Nassau County visit here.
- As of June 1, the COJ Building Inspection Division has started implementing limited-reopening.
- You may come in by appointment only – To make an appointment, please call Tony Fields at 904-255-8211.
- Upon entering the building, both citizens and staff will be screened and required to weak a face mask.
- All contractors, designers, expediters, etc. are required to submit permits electronically – all permit types will now be accepted electronically.
For more information about the permit process in Duval County visit her
St. Johns County
- Hard copy S&S plans are required
- There is limited public access to county buildings
- You must call ahead for an appointment
- Appointments must be made at least 3 hours in advance to ensure staff availability
- Services are limited to 3-5 customers at a time
- If you are dropping off commercial or residential plans, please provide the quantity and the contractor in advance.
For more information about the permit process in Clay County visit here.
Russell Rowland is open and operating to answer any questions you may have about these new rules and how to obtain a permit during these uncommon times. Contact us today for all of your structural engineering needs.